Katy Brand will be taking her 2016 Edinburgh Fringe smash hit I Was a Teenage Christian on tour in late Spring.
Katy’s return to the Fringe for the first time in over a decade was a starkly confessional show, in which she explained ‘what a dick’ she was as a God-bothering teenage Evangelist. As we explained in our post-script review of the Fringe, the humour “came from the absurdity of her real experiences, and Brand’s charming acceptance that she’d made a series of terrible mistakes. That these mistakes only got worse until she made the inevitable decision to get out of an insane situation was something a lot of audience members could easily identify with, and the sheer chaos that unfolded around her was understandably hilarious in retrospect.”
TVO were not alone in loving the results. The show garnered smash hit reviews left, right and centre, and will be undergoing a Soho Theatre residency for a week in January. And now, fresh dates have been released taking the show up and down the country in May and June.
Current dates on sale are as follows:
- 5th May – The Riverfront, Newport – BUY TICKETS
- 6th May – Swansea Grand Theatre – BUY TICKETS
- 11th May – City Hall, Hull – BUY TICKETS
- 17th May – Kendall Brewery Arts – BUY TICKETS
- 18th May – Harraby Community Theatre, Carlisle – Tickets available soon
- 19th May – Howden Park Centre, Livingston – BUY TICKETS
- 24th May – South Street Arts Centre, Reading – BUY TICKETS
- 25th May – The Lowry, Salford – BUY TICKETS
- 28th May – Catrin Finch Centre, Wrexham – BUY TICKETS
- 4th June – Cambridge Junction – BUY TICKETS
- 16th June – Royal Spa Centre, Leamington Spa – BUY TICKETS
More dates may be added in the coming days, and we’ll add them to this story as soon as possible if so.